Unhealthy Pursuit For A Healthy Lifestyle:
Enduring years and years of being told that a specific figure, size, and shape is ideal; we have been completely brainwashed when it comes to dieting. In fact, the first image that pops up in our mind when we hear the word “diet” is cutting back on sugar, going overboard with protein and falling in and out of love will all the greens.
Evolving from making fire from stores to having gas stoves to using portable electric stoves we have advanced A LOT over the years and yet our pursuit of being healthy has remained unhealthy and toxic throughout the years.
Starving ourselves and eliminating all good things life has to offer may get us the body we wished for but neither is that a long-term achievement nor a sustainable goal.
Getting a stick-thin figure because of societal conditioning is not an achievement. We need a diet plan that respects all shapes and sizes. We need a lenient diet meal plan that focuses more on what we should eat rather than what we shouldn’t. We need a diet meal plan that not only puts an end to continual decision-making dilemma but also provides food that is less restrictive and doesn’t make us regret our decision to ever go on a diet.
The Bowl One is Dubai’s best restaurant when it comes to providing healthy diet meal plans that are made from scratch. Their diet meal plans cater to everyone from meat lovers, vegetarians, to vegans and keto fans. From using fibre-rich ingredients, slow-burning carbs, to essential fats and lean proteins, every dish in their menu is carefully prepared to provide you with all the nutrients necessary for your wellness and health. Here is our guide for keto diet to help you in staying fit and healthy.
A Basic Guide For Keto Diet Meal Plan:
When it comes to keto diet, we often get to hear how restrictive it is, how hard it is to follow through the diet and how difficult it is to continue it for a longer period of time. But it isn’t really that intimidating.
Keto diet is basically taking in more fats and lowering your carbs intake by 20-30 grams per day. This way you can lose weight more efficiently because your metabolism starts burning fats instead of carbs and sugar for energy. The Bowl One’s ketogenic diet meal plan is less constraining as it provides you with more food choices and a better balance of macronutrients.
A keto diet has:
- 60–70% of fat
- 20–30% of protein
- 5–10% of carbs
Benefits of the Keto Diet:
- Weight loss
- Stable mood
- Balanced energy levels
- Controlled blood sugar
- Lower blood pressure
- Improved skin
- Good digestive health
- Improve insulin sensitivity
- Reduce heart diseases
Healthy Snacks For Keto Diet:
- Feta cheese with cucumber sticks
- Fruit salad pot
- Smoked nuts
- Cucumber sticks with red pepper & hummus dip
- Seed cracker and pea hummus
- Black bean brownie
- Energy balls
- Strawberry dipped in Nutella
- Guacamole + baked tortilla chips
- Cheese with olives
- Dark Chocolate
- Low-carb shakes
- Full-fat yoghurt
- Hard-boiled eggs
Five Day Keto Diet Meal Plan:
Breakfast: Turkey & cheese omelette.
Lunch: Grilled chicken with pickled carrots and cauliflower rice.
Dinner: Zucchini noodles with meatballs, topped with cream sauce.
Breakfast: Baked hash brown cups as toast for avocado toast.
Lunch: Green salad with cherry tomato, corn, cucumber, sliced carrots, sliced onion, and balsamic vinaigrette as a dressing.
Dinner: Grilled salmon with coconut brown rice.
Breakfast: Eggs & hollandaise .
Lunch: Spiced shrimp with kimchi, cauliflower rice, cheese, herbs, avocado and salsa.
Dinner: Beef steak with cheesy broccoli.
Breakfast: Paleonola & Greek yoghurt parfait.
Lunch: Salad bowl made with kale, mixed greens, almond vegan ranch dressing, avocado, cucumber, toasted pumpkins seed, and sourdough croutons.
Dinner: Stuffed chicken with cream cheese and sautéed vegetables.
Breakfast: Shakshuka with poached eggs, crispy kale and sourdough.
Lunch: Tofu poke bowl.
Dinner: Steak and eggs.
Foods To Eat On A Keto Diet:
- Meat and poultry: Beef, chicken, turkey and lamb.
- Eggs: Omega-3-enriched or pastured eggs.
- Low-carb vegetables: Mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, fennel, celery, cucumber, cauliflower, broccoli, bell peppers, zucchini and eggplant.
- Seafood: Wild salmon, sardines, mackerel, shrimp, crab, tuna, mussels, cod and herring.
- Oils: Extra-virgin olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, nut oils.
- Berries: Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries.
- Snacks: Dried seaweed, cucumber sticks, smoked nuts, cucumber sticks, and seed crackers.
- Seeds: Chia seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds.
- Nut butter: Almond butter, peanut butter and pumpkin seed butter.
- Full-fat dairy: Cheese, cottage cheese, plain Greek yoghurt, cream, butter.
- Cheese: Brie, cream cheese, cheddar, cottage cheese and goat cheese.
Foods To Avoid On a Keto Diet:
- Grains and starches: Wheat-based products, rice, pasta, cereal, etc.
- Fruit: All fruits are to be avoided except berries.
- Beans or legumes: Peas, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas, etc.
- Tube or root vegetables: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrots etc.
- Sugary foods: Sodas, fruit juices, smoothies, cakes, ice creams, candies, etc.
- Unhealthy fats: Processed Oils, mayonnaise etc.
The Right Start for Staying Fit:
Starting a diet is like doing squats for the first time. The hellish feeling you get when your thigh muscles burn, your legs become jelly and start shaking and you decide to never ever do squats again.
The first time with keto diet will be just like that. It will seem tough but you’ve got to remain consistent and persistent throughout your journey. You can prep your meals ahead of time so that sticking to your diet will be easier or sign up for The Bowl One’s keto diet meal plans.
The main motto of The Bowl One is to revive the joy in eating by eliminating the restrictions we put on ourselves in the name of dieting or healthy eating and let the body have what it needs. If you find yourself struggling to keep a track of your diet or have trouble with prepping your meals then leave it to The Bowl One. They have a wide range of healthy meal plans that they deliver all over Dubai right at your doorstep anytime you want.